Electrolytic Copper Foil and Rolled Copper Foil
Both rolled copper foil and electrolytic copper foil belong to copper foil. The rolled copper foil and electrolytic copper foil are separated according to a method for producing a copper foil.
Copper foil can be classified into many types according to other methods.
For example, copper foil can also be divided according to the scope of application: copper clad laminate (CCL), copper foil for printed circuit boards (PCB), copper foil for lithium ion secondary batteries, and copper foil for electromagnetic shielding. In addition, copper foil can be divided into single-sided processed copper foil and double-sided (inverted) processed copper foil according to the surface treatment method. Copper foil can be divided into standard copper, high-strength copper foil (HD), high-temperature high-stretch copper foil (THE copper foil), and transfer-resistant copper foil according to performance.
There are other methods of copper foil, we will not introduce more. Let’s introduce the knowledge about rolled copper foil and electrolytic copper foil.
Similarities and differences between electrolytic copper foil and rolled copper foil! Features of rolled copper foil and electrolytic copper foil:
1. Characteristics of electrolytic copper foil:
(1) Electrolytic copper foil has better conductivity
(2) Electrolytic copper foil molecules are relatively loose and easily broken
(3) The electrolytic copper foil is completed by a plating process.
2. Features of rolled copper foil:
(1) The rolling flexibility of rolled copper foil is better
(2) The unit price of rolled copper foil is more expensive than that of electrolytic copper foil. The rolled copper foil has compact molecules and good flexibility. The thinner the better, the better. Generally, products with bending requirements use rolled copper foil.
(3) The rolled copper foil is produced by a coating method.
Control of the thickness of rolled copper foil and electrolytic copper foil: Usually the factory has very strict requirements for the thickness of copper foil, usually between 0.3mil and 3mil. There is a special copper foil thickness tester to check its quality. Controlling the thickness of copper foil is mainly based on two reasons
1. A uniform copper foil can have a very uniform temperature coefficient of resistance and a low dielectric constant, which can make signal transmission losses smaller. This is different from the capacitor requirements, which require a high dielectric constant, so that it can accommodate more High capacity, why the resistance is smaller than the capacitor, after all, the dielectric constant is high!
2. The thin copper foil has a small temperature rise under high current conditions, which is of great benefit to heat dissipation and component life. It is also true that the width of the copper wire in digital integrated circuits is preferably less than 0.3 cm. The well-made FPC finished board is very uniform, and the gloss is soft (because the solder resist is brushed on the surface). This can be seen with the naked eye, but there are not many people who can see the quality of the copper-clad substrate, unless you are in the factory. Experienced quality inspection.
Similarities and differences between electrolytic copper foil and rolled copper foil! What are the similarities between rolled copper foil and electrolytic copper foil?
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.
Link to this article：Electrolytic Copper Foil and Rolled Copper Foil
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks